The Roobuck/BHP Relationship
Roobuck enjoys a strong and long-standing relationship as a manufacturer and supplier of choice to BHP. BHP Illawarra Coal Mines were our first customer for Coal Mine Cap Lamps. Today, Roobuck supplies BHP’s Olympic Dam Mine via Blackwoods and other BHP Mine sites throughout Australia.
- Change over from Corded Cap Lamp to Cordless Cap Lamp for whole mine
- Miners required for light weight equipment
- IECEx certified Cap Lamp preferred
- Management and controls over the quality and charging facility of mix of Cap Lamps including both corded or cordless.
In mind 2019 we received an enquiry from Olympic Dam Mine. They were planning a change over from Corded Cap Lamp to Cordless for the whole mine as the Corded Cap Lamps are too heavy. Miners are weighted down with self-rescuer breathing apparatus so they required a light weight slim lined cordless Cap Lamp. On average a Corded Cap Lamp is 600 g whereas the lightest Roobuck Cordless Cap lamp is only 95 g. For absolute safety and peace of mind the mine wanted IECEx certified Cap lamps. Due to the high number of miners and Cap Lamps they required safe central charging system.
Roobuck won the deal against three competitors. We have the great feedback from our customer
- Australian IECEx Certified in Sydney
- Great Quality and local services
- Great value and discount for the whole project.